This year, the 8th edition of Sundown Festival returns with a twist, with the event headlined by local artistes, Derrick Hoh, FARRAGO, Jack & Rai, Jason Chung, Ling Kai and The Summer State.
- Derrick Hoh; who gained nationwide recognition after emerging as the second runner up in Channel U’s Project SuperStar in 2005. His latest single was chosen as the theme song for popular Mediacorp Channel 8 Drama titled Dream Coder.
- Ling Kai; the bilingual singer-songwriter who is shot to fame after her YouTube recording of ‘Larkin Step’ went viral and subsequently won the Red Bull Singer-songwriter contest, ‘Sing My Song’.
- FARRAGO; a multi-ethnic band took a bold first step in producing and releasing a full album instead of an EP, recently completed a tour in Tokyo.
- Jack & Rai; – The duo first met while performing as soloists on separate nights at the local bar Barcelona, and after striking up a friendship, decided to quit their day jobs in 2006 – Rai as a teacher in Raffles JC, and Jack as a marketing executive at Sony – to focus on playing, writing and recording music.
- Jason Chung; a veteran in the music industry, who first carved a name for himself as the winner of the 1993 Pioneer Karaoke Championships. Since becoming the lead vocalist of the band The Typhoon, he has won fans with his powerful vocals.
- The Summer State; a local pop-punk band shot to fame with the single “I Do I Don’t”. Since then, they have opened for international acts like Simple Plan, Mayday Parade and Yellowcard.
Skechers Sundown Festival 2017 Event Details:
DATE: 5 August 2017 (Saturday)
TIME: Doors open from 4pm
VENUE: City Beach Resort, 8 Port Road, Labrador Park, Singapore 117540
Nearest MRT Station: CC27 Labrador Park
General admission – $15 (excluding ticketing charge)
Tickets can be purchased online through SISTIC
No age restriction but photo ID will be requested upon purchase of alcoholic beverages