WHAT IS SOFTWARE TESTING AUTOMATION?
Software testing automation entails utilizing meticulous testing tools and testing software with precision. The tester writes his own script and then employs appropriate testing tools to measure his script against the expected result.
Automated testing tools are merely the mechanical equivalent of manual tools. Unlike manual testing tools, automated test tools are time and cost efficient and can produce documents repeatedly without mediation of the manual tools.
MANUAL OR AUTOMATED TESTING?
With the advent of technology, testing has evolved a lot. Along with the traditional manner of testing, i.e. manual, the advanced testing has also risen. Software automation testing is gradually becoming mainstream. Many experts believe that software automation will overtake manual testing soon. However, it is important to understand that both work hand in hand. They are unique processes that complement each other and make testing a holistic process.
Manual testing will continue to be an integral part of the testing procedure. Testing becomes truly efficient when combined with human logic and technology.
PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING AUTOMATION
The following steps are involved in the software test automation services:
1. Selection of the appropriate testing tool – The foremost step is to decide which testing tool you need to use. The criteria for selection may be based on available resources, budget restrictions and other necessary tools.
2. The overview of what you expect – This section covers a few basic elements like wanting a higher rate of return on investment, less maintenance etc.
3. Planning and designing automation tools – Here you need to design and develop cases for testing. These may include designing and development of cases like NUnit, JUnit, or other necessary software automation tools.
5. Maintenance – Now that the reports are curated after testing, they should be maintained properly so that they can be referred to in the future.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF AUTOMATION TESTING TOOLS?
Before choosing the right software testing automation tool, you must be acquainted with all the available options. Knowing your options will help you determine which is the best suited tool for your needs. In curating a comprehensive and quality program, you must know the right tools. The following is a list of available testing tools that you can choose from:
1. Smoke testing – This form of testing guarantees the functioning of all major components before proceeding with further testing.
2. Functional testing – This testing procedure examines the general makeup of the software including the processes and features that formulate an application. It examines whether the software meets the functional requirements of the project.
3. Unit testing – This testing is a crucial step in the development of software as it identifies issues in a program before it penetrates deeply into the code.
4. Integration testing – When several people work on the same project, this testing ensures that all programs made by different creators combine flawlessly and without disruption, when amalgamated into a larger project.
5. Keyword-driven testing – This form of testing separates test case design and development. The usage of keywords makes it easier for the user to identify actions on objects within tests. This includes mouse clicks, keystrokes or object selection.
6. Regression testing – This testing maintains code stability and functionality during development. This software automation testing guarantees already existing features are not influenced by recent changes.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SOFTWARE TESTING AUTOMATION?
The following are the advantages of software test automation test services:
● Makes test case execution simple and easy
● Improved reliability of tests
● The amount of test coverage is increased
● Minimal human interaction
● Time and cost efficient
● The test results are publicly available for easy access
THE BEST TOOL FOR SOFTWARE TEST AUTOMATION SERVICES
Given the significance of software automation testing, it is time to introduce you to the best software test automation service provider – Shift Asia. Shift Asia is the leading software automation testing service provider that has aided several IT companies with their expertise. Our team consists of high-end Japanese technology and exceptionally skilled Vietnamese engineers. Our accredited certified service providers who strive to deliver the best testing equipment for your software.
Join SHIFT ASIA today to take your firm to a whole new level. Our advanced skills and technology, with top notch tools and highly effective assurance service, will enhance your software to perfection. Your firm can definitely benefit in abundance with SHIFT ASIA’s advanced software test automation services. From IT consulting to post-software development services, we have it all for you! There is only one thing missing in your firm, and we believe that with our assistance, that hollow void will be filled. Your company will elevate to perfection with SHIFT ASIA’s joint efforts.